Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Seriously?

 
I sometimes download the Amazon free app of the day. Yesterday it was a "choose your own adventure" style RPG called "Blood of the Zombie".   I was delighted to see that the "hero" character is just identified as "you".  No gendering whatsoever, no description whatsoever except what clothes "you" are wearing or find, and "your" injuries. Refreshing. 
 
What I found silly enough to drop me straight out of my suspension of disbelief, though, is whatever reduces you to zero stamina points will kill you. No matter what.  No matter how ridiculous.  So you can suffer death by sprained ankle (which I narrowly escaped), and death by jammed fingers (which I did not), and death by "wearing a suit of armor while being chased by vicious dogs".
 


No comments:

Post a Comment