Monday, November 18, 2013

Dress For ... what?



Dress for success?
Dress for the job you want?
Dress for the dress code?
Dress for what you get paid?
Dress for what you can afford?
Dress for what makes you comfortable enough to work a whole day?
 
 
And of these outfits, which one shows how competent and professional I am at my job?  Which one shows customer satisfaction after dealing with me? 
 
Neither.
 
Clothing can't denote intangible traits, but the corporate world sure acts like it can. "You gotta spend money to make money".   That's wrong.  And it's just another facet of the "keep the rich rich, and make damn sure the poor stay poor" design that has been imposed on American Society.  I have resigned myself to my talent and skill never being valued because I don't look the part and can't afford to look the part wallet-wise or health-wise.
 
 
Reference: The Spoon Theory
 


No comments:

Post a Comment